
Today was Carson's two month check-up at the doctor's office. What a good boy he is! We fed him before he went and he was happy as can be. He smiled and laughed the whole time! If Daddy wasn't there, Carson probably would've been sleeping. The nurse came in and told us to put him in a dry diaper so that we could get him weighed! Dave and I were thinking 11, maybe even 12 pounds at the most. To our surprise Carson weighs 13 lbs. 7.5 oz! What a Chunker! Only we can call him that though! :) Look at all those cute rolls!! Dad is probably thinking "Mmm...rolls." At least we know that he is a healthy, growing boy! And, as all moms know, he got his shots today as well. Dr. Daynes was awesome in making Dave and I feel a little bit better about the whole thing, considering vaccinations and autism have been all over the TV lately. Dave gave him a blessing and we have faith that everything will be well! But Poor Carson! One minutes he was smiling at Dad then all of the sudden two nurses poked him with needles in both of his thighs. It was really quick. I plugged my ears...like that helped. I just didn't want to hear his sad cries of pain and suffering. Two needles in one thigh and three in the other. He screamed for the initial pokes then came straight to mom. I hugged him so tight!! One minute later, it was more of a whimper and he settled right down. Thank you Tylenol! He went right to sleep after putting him in his car seat. He is still sleeping as I write this. I am sure he'll need all the rest he can get. Dave and I love being parents. It is fun to watch him grow and learn, but hard to have to see them go through any pain. All we can do is give him extra hugs and kisses (if possible) during those hard times and he will be just fine!

1 comment:
chubby babies are the best. There is nothing better than a baby with those cute little rolls on their arms and legs. I can say this because all my boys have been chubby, rolley-polley babies. He's a keeper.
-Kirstin
Post a Comment