Dave and I want to say how proud we are of Carson! He is such a happy baby. He is so curious about life that he pushes as long as he can to stay awake so he can learn and see everything! I guess that is nice when you want to put him down for naps and to bed at night. Today though, Dave and I are especially proud of him. Maybe proud is a vain word, but I guess when you are a parent "proud" is a good word for it. After 11 weeks of impatient waiting, Dave and I heard Carson laugh out loud for the first time. We have actually heard him laugh, but in his sleep. The other night about 11:30 we put him to bed. Dave and I slowly crept into bed, crossing our fingers he wouldn't wake from our stupid, squeaky bed. A few minutes later, he started laughing in his crib while he was sleeping. Dave being Dave said, "Duh, he's not laughing." We started to laugh at his sarcasim. Last night while my parents were watching Carson, they started to munch on his tummy. He loved it so much that he started to laugh, but of coarse Dave and I weren't there to hear it. Dave did the same thing today, as you can see in the photo, and Carson started laughing. It was the longest laugh I've heard him make so far. I made him laugh on the way coming home from Costco as well, making silly baby noises that all parents are gulity of making after they have children. When I would watch my baby videos, I sat there and promised myself I would never alter my voice or make baby noises like my parents did, but that is inevitable. Dave and I are so excited to hear something so cute coming from Carson!
Saturday, October 27, 2007
He Finally Did It
Dave and I want to say how proud we are of Carson! He is such a happy baby. He is so curious about life that he pushes as long as he can to stay awake so he can learn and see everything! I guess that is nice when you want to put him down for naps and to bed at night. Today though, Dave and I are especially proud of him. Maybe proud is a vain word, but I guess when you are a parent "proud" is a good word for it. After 11 weeks of impatient waiting, Dave and I heard Carson laugh out loud for the first time. We have actually heard him laugh, but in his sleep. The other night about 11:30 we put him to bed. Dave and I slowly crept into bed, crossing our fingers he wouldn't wake from our stupid, squeaky bed. A few minutes later, he started laughing in his crib while he was sleeping. Dave being Dave said, "Duh, he's not laughing." We started to laugh at his sarcasim. Last night while my parents were watching Carson, they started to munch on his tummy. He loved it so much that he started to laugh, but of coarse Dave and I weren't there to hear it. Dave did the same thing today, as you can see in the photo, and Carson started laughing. It was the longest laugh I've heard him make so far. I made him laugh on the way coming home from Costco as well, making silly baby noises that all parents are gulity of making after they have children. When I would watch my baby videos, I sat there and promised myself I would never alter my voice or make baby noises like my parents did, but that is inevitable. Dave and I are so excited to hear something so cute coming from Carson!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
He is such a cutie...Hope you guys have a fun first Halloween. We are taking all the kids trick or treating it should be super fun.
-Kirstin
Post a Comment