Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Night Before Halloween

The night before Halloween, my sister and I try to get as many of us together to carve pumpkins. We feel that carving pumpkins always adds a little bit of Halloween fun into our busy lives. Grandma and Grandpa Unck bought some Papa Murphy's pizza and we provided the pumpkins. My parents hate carving, so they stood outside the sidelines. They are great babysitters when it comes to activities such as these.
Crazy Dave, not carving but scraping his pumpkin. His pumpkin was awesome because he didn't go all the way through it. When you put the candle in it, it still lit up.

His finished work! Great job Dave!
This is my sister-in-law Angie's pumpkin. A skull with fire behind it. She did a really good job!
Here is my pumpkin. It was supposed to be a moon with an outline of a cat in it and below, a fence with a pumpkin in front of it...well, it didn't turn out that way. I cut all the way around the moon to leave a huge, gaping hole. You could say I threw a tizzy fit! Then Dave saved the day by saying it looked like Jack from the movie "The Nightmare Before Christmas." So, I transformed it.
And here is our other little pumpkin...he slept through all the fun!
Here is my brother-in-law's pumpkin...it is supposed to have the pumpkin guts coming out of the mouth. I thought his was the most creative.
Here is Gina's pumpkin. I think it was the most artistic. She accidentally messed up on both of the e's on Halloween, but thanks to the pumpkin Dr., our Dad saved the day and took extra pumpkin, carved two e's and then used toothpicks to stick in the pumpkin to make it stay...thanks Dad!

No comments: