Sunday, June 8, 2008

Please Do Not Feed The Ducks






Today we went to feed the ducks at Winchester Park along the Jordan River Parkway. It was a nice little activity that the family could do together to get out and enjoy the nice weather. Carson loves animals. He goes crazy over every dog he sees. He constantly crawls after Randy and Peggy's dog, Nikki. After I had taken the picture that is the 5th picture down from the top, we started to walk away to go see some other ducks and geese on the other side. Carson started to cry, so Dave took him back to the little baby geese and he was content again. We managed to get to the other side and Dave said, "do you see any signs that say not to feed the ducks". I couldn't see any, so we continued to feed all the animals. Carson had a blast feeding...himself. We would give him some bread to throw at the ducks and he would stick it in his mouth instead. I think I enjoyed feeding the ducks more than any of us did. When we were leaving, we spotted the sign, "Please do not feed the ducks". It's only the biggest thing ever! We laughed at ourselves and watched everyone else ignore the sign as well.

3 comments:

Tiffany Anderson said...

That's so funny. I would just feed them anyway! Carson just keeps getting cuter and cuter, and I don't think it's even possible.

The Oldroyd's said...

We did that once when we found out we weren't suppose to feed them. But they looked so hungary. How fun. Carson is so big. What a cutie.

Park Family said...

Duh!!! Ducks at the park, isn't that why there are ducks at the park so you can feed them all your stale bread. The twins are also fascinated with animals, and especially ducks. We need to get together soon, we'll talk Sunday.