Sunday, June 8, 2008

Bumps and Bruises

Carson is getting to that age where he is becoming more courageous everyday....and making mom and dad look like parents of the year. He has scrapes and bruises all over his head, and the moment you think they are all gone, within two days he's got a whole new set of them. Dave and I were walking through the grocery store yesterday and I told him,"people are probably wondering what the heck happened to his head." Poor Carson tries to do more than what he can actually achieve at his age. All these scrapes and bruises on his head were under the watchful care of mom and dad. All I know is that there could be worse things. My nephew Jackson just got stitches and I could only imagine how they feel. I feel that parents are really hard on themselves about their children and what happens to them. You always say to yourself, "

Carson is doing really well, despite all of this clumsy moments. He is teething and has been so fussy. I don't even remember him being this fussy ever! It has really tested my patience as a mom this past week.That's the wonderful thing about parenthood though. The Lord makes you forget all of the bad things that happen, because if he didn't, everyone would all be a single child. Anyway, his sleeping habits have almost gotten back to what he was before we started the whole "ferberizing thing". I am sure that it's because he's teething, but it's been a tiring week.

Dave and I are getting more and more excited each day to move into our new apartment...well, new to us. It doesn't have any air conditioning so if any of you know anyone who is trying to get rid of an air conditioner, let us know!


1 comment:

Jamie said...

I always felt bad when Ayden (1dt baby) had some many bruises, I felt like people were always looking at her like, "Poor girl, do her parents watch her?"

Check KSL for an A/C, I know you could find one for a pretty good price. C-ya soon:)