Monday, June 16, 2008

Bachelorette Party


Just to warn everyone about to read this blog, there is no parental guidance needed to read it. The title is very deceiving, but if I put LDS in the front of it, you all know it would've been safe to read in the first place. Planning an LDS bachelorette party is not very hard or doesn't take a lot of thought. You already know that the booze and the male strippers are out of the question.

One of my best friends is getting married on the 18th of this month, so all of my friends wanted to throw her a bachelorette party. I did as much planning as I could, considering dinner and a short activity afterwards was our only option.

So, I emailed Erin's mom and asked her what her favorite restaurant was and so we took her to Mimi's Cafe. What a hopping place for a wild party, I'll tell you what! Then we went back to my sister's house and made brownie sundaes and played "Pin the Bow on the Bachelor". Some of us had too much fun.

The next day, Erin went to the Salt Lake Temple to get her Endowments out. Of coarse, I invited myself because I thought it would be awesome to be there. It was also a great excuse to get Dave and me to the temple. I am so glad we went. It was nice to see familiar faces in the temple. It makes you realize that you have that special thing in common that make us all brothers and sisters. The temple really helps my testimony. I was thinking before we went how unworthy I felt, but I know that Satan puts a lot of discouragement into our hearts and makes us feel inadequate and so we don't feel worthy enough to pray or go to the temple. It's very discouraging. When you don't go to the temple for a while you feel that way. Take the Nike theory, "Just do it". It makes you feel so much better and it reenters the spirit into your life and our own spirits.
I don't know if Erin reads my blog, but I just want her to know how proud I am of her and the decision she made to get married in the temple.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Looks like lots of fun! Oh to be young again:) j/k You look way cute in these pictures.

p.s. I LOVE your layout, I have the same one. Girl, we have awesome taste!!

Liz said...

Oh you crazy Mormon chicks! ;-) Looks like a lot of fun.

Erin and Matt said...

Thanks so much Christine! Now that I know you have this blog I can see you and your cute fam more often. I'm so glad you came to my endowment session and our sealing, it was so wonderful to see you there, it was amazing to have your support! Love you!