Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Erin's Wedding

Erin and Matt
Carson enjoying the grass

Me and Janel

Me, Carson, Gina, Erin and Janel

Our happy eternal family

Carson and mom at the temple waiting for the bride and groom to make their entrance

Erin and Matt arriving at Ab's Drive-In

Carson reaching for some keys! He had a blast all day long and was such a good boy

Cindy and Carson

Beau and Gina at the reception

One of my best friends got married today in the Salt Lake Temple. It was nice to be able to go and witness the sealing. It's always nice to go because you think back to your own sealing and remember how much you love your husband or wife. It's always a nice reminder of how you're sealed to your companion and something that you might have argued about that morning doesn't matter anymore. You go away again with a renewed appreciation for each other.

The sealer that Matt and Erin had was wonderful. He focused on the covenants and he drilled Matt and Erin by asking questions and about all the covenants made in the temple. They were both so nervous and answered each question carefully in fear to say the wrong one. I am the same way. I may know the answer right away, but I hesitate to say the right one in fear of everyone staring at me. Everything went really well and the both look so happy.

Their wedding luncheon was at Ab's Drive-In. Totally different, yet totally cool! We got a medium drink with whatever we wanted. I got a hamburger (which I don't eat very often) and some fries with a Kit-Kat shake! Yum! Matt wanted it to be casual, so he got his wish. They closed the dining area down, but kept open the drive-thru. People would walk in and walk out very upset, but there were only about 3 people during those 2 hours that actually came in. What a fun time we had! Carson enjoyed it! He loved eating the bun, some fries and a little bit of everyone's shakes.

They had their reception at Millcreek Inn. It was so beautiful and quiet up there! I didn't want to go home. I love the mountains and the outdoors. They had a photo booth there and we got to take 6 pictures of the three of us. Erin and Matt got to keep 3 for their guestbook and we got to keep the other 3. Way fun!

I am so glad that Dave, Carson and I got to enjoy this special day with them. It's always nice for Dave to have an excuse to get out of work so he can spend some time with me and Carson.

Again, going to the temple and witnessing another sealing refreshes my testimony of why I want to be so obedient and why I love this gospel.

1 comment:

Linzie said...

I am so glad you left a comment!! I changed my background a while ago and lost all my contacts and couldn't remember what yours was. Your little Carson is a doll!! I think you need to have more:)