Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Eight Year Anniversary

Erin, Janel, Carson, Christine, Cindy and Gina
Not Pictured: Shalea and Amber

Looking at the title, one could wonder what on earth am I talking about? A eight year anniversary? For what? Well, every year since 9th grade (1999), all of my friends and I get together for our annual Christmas party. It all started at Erin Wadsworth's house (the cute girl with the glasses) and we have done it every year since then. We even had the party at her house this year! We have seen people come and go, but there are 7 of us who have remained faithful to this wonderful tradition. Shalea unfortunately couldn't make it this year and Amber left before I remembered I had my camera. Of coarse this year Carson was probably the biggest addition and attraction to this party. They all begged me to bring him, so I did. He was such a well behaved boy during the whole thing. The funnest part about the whole thing is drawing names for presents. This year I had to get Cindy a gift(the one sitting next to me). I gave her a gift certificate to Maurice's, which is her favorite store in the mall. Erin had me! Erin gave me the most creative and most useful Christmas present. She gave me a cupcake cookbook with decorating ideas. That will come in handy for my monthly family home evening with Dave's family when we have to bring the dessert. She also gave me the cookbook called "Deceptively Delicious" by Jessica Seinfeld, which is Jerry Seinfeld's wife. It shows you how to sneak veggies into your food without your kids knowing it when they won't eat them. So, basically, I need my blender a lot. That will come in handy when Carson gets older. This Christmas season has been hard. I know I have to go back to work after all the fun and excitement is over, so I've been dreading it to come and go. I applied and had an interview at Utah Surgical Center, so the hours will be the same, but no call!! They are also offering me more money, so I am happy about that. They are going to let me know by this Friday if I got the job. It's going to be a hard adjustment, but I am glad it's only 2-3 days a week. That will still give me a lot of time with my cute little baby boy!! I hope it's not for long!!

1 comment:

Tiffany Anderson said...

I love you in this picture. You sexy little mama!