The past couple of nights, we have been introducing a little bit of rice cereal to Carson. I decided that was how I would top him off at night. I will feed him and then an hour later give him a little bit of cereal. It worked because he slept 8 hours. This was the third night we gave it to him and he seems like he is starting to understand a little better what to do with the white, tasteless mush. He really didn't like it the first night we gave it to him. He was only sleeping 4 hours each night, so that is what made us decide it was time for him to move on. That and me wanting to not have to nurse as much. He does seem to get a little hungrier sooner too. Plus, my sister in law said that is how she found out that her boys needed something a little more substantial. I put 5 drops of Karo syrup in it tonight so it would be a little sweeter like breast milk. He seemed to eat more of it. Pretty soon I will replace one of his meals a day with it and see how he does. We hope like crazy he'll like it more than a bottle. I can't believe he is already at this stage. He is growing up so fast!
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Rice Cereal
The past couple of nights, we have been introducing a little bit of rice cereal to Carson. I decided that was how I would top him off at night. I will feed him and then an hour later give him a little bit of cereal. It worked because he slept 8 hours. This was the third night we gave it to him and he seems like he is starting to understand a little better what to do with the white, tasteless mush. He really didn't like it the first night we gave it to him. He was only sleeping 4 hours each night, so that is what made us decide it was time for him to move on. That and me wanting to not have to nurse as much. He does seem to get a little hungrier sooner too. Plus, my sister in law said that is how she found out that her boys needed something a little more substantial. I put 5 drops of Karo syrup in it tonight so it would be a little sweeter like breast milk. He seemed to eat more of it. Pretty soon I will replace one of his meals a day with it and see how he does. We hope like crazy he'll like it more than a bottle. I can't believe he is already at this stage. He is growing up so fast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Way to go Carson!! Don't be afraid to mix some baby food in with his ceral. A little bit of applesauce, bananas whatever he'll probably love it. You might also want to try Oatmeal the twins liked that more than the rice....Jackson couldn't get enough of the rice and oatmeal. glad to hear you are getting a little more rest.
-Kirstin
Post a Comment