
I just wanted everyone to know that this is the last bottle update because Carson has officially taken a bottle! We decided that it would be best for us to start pushing for me to go back to work. So, Dave gave him a father's blessing this past Sunday and we went out of sight. We stayed at my parent's house, but we went downstairs and waited out of sight. He drank it when he became really hungry, but he would only drink my milk. We tried again when we came home from my parents and didn't have any luck, so I nursed him before he went to bed and he drank a lot. He was happy that he got to drink from something familiar. So, today I went to turn in my application at Utah Surgical Center and then I went to get Dave and go get something to eat on his lunch break. My mom started to feed him some Similac, which didn't make him break out since we weren't using a Playtex bottle, and he wouldn't take it. Then he got really hungry and drank the whole 4 ounces. He did really well. Then, later on, my dad fed him a bottle and he drank 6 ounces! He is latching on really well now and drinking formula! I don't like having to teach him how to eat a bottle so I can go back to work, but I am glad that I don't have to be home or somewhere where I have to go hide and feed him. I am so excited to be able to get a full 8 hours of sleep! I deserve one!! I want to thank Heavenly Father for helping us because that is the whole reason why Carson got on a bottle in the first place. I see the Lord's hand in many things now that we have Carson. He has helped us with all of our prayers and concerns we have had with him. I am thankful for Dave's faith and giving him the blessing when my mom and I asked him to. He's a great dad! We are so proud of our little boy. He has so much patience and he has the sweetest spirit! We have a video of Carson on YouTube.com. He is laughing at Dave while playing peek-a-boo. Just type in "pajama peek-a-boo" and you can look at it! Dave can make him laugh a lot more than I can. I put it on there so extended family and friends can look at it.

No comments:
Post a Comment