Thursday, July 10, 2008

Moved In

I am so happy that I actually get to blog! It has been a while since I had the time to sit down and write an update on the family. I am posting a bunch of blogs about Carson and the holiday, so feel free to scroll down and read a few things if you would like. I just wanted to catch up on all of the fun things that we have been up to lately since I haven't had time to blog because of the move.

I am also happy to say that we are all moved in! There are about 4 boxes left. DVDs and pictures are still in boxes because we can't put the DVDs on the entertainment center or Carson will keep pulling them off, as well as the bookshelf and all of the books.

Dave and I just wanted to start off by thanking my sister Gina and my brother-in-law Beau for letting us live with them for 4 months. We really needed it! They helped us get to where we wanted to go and save a little money as well. It was harder for me and my sister that we moved out because we both get lonely and it was nice to have each other there. We are really happy to be in our own place again. I bet Gina and Beau are happy that they get to put everything back, due to the redecorating we had to do while Carson was there.

We now live in the Windwood Apartments! We love the floor plan and the price of them. That is why we lived with Gina and Beau so long because we wanted one of these apartments. It will help us be able to save a little more each month to get into a house here in the next couple of months, years, whatever. We are so happy to know most of our neighbors, considering it's Dave's old ward and neighborhood. We had to borrow a stick of butter last night and it was nice to be able to go to someone we know and ask for it. Thanks Jer and Kelli!

Our first night was horrible! We moved in on Thursday and that night all we heard was fire truck sirens. We assumed it was because of all the pyrotechnics of fireworks. It was so disturbing for Carson, so he slept with us. The second night the fireworks were disturbing, so he slept with us again. He is now sleeping in his crib and sleeping the same as he was before we moved. He wakes up once a night now, which is better than 5 or 6. We went to church that Sunday and we felt very welcome, so we are happy to be where we're at! We also had an ant infestation, but we are good now because Jer and Kelli saved us again by letting us use some of their ant poison!

Just a quick update, Dave is still at Usana. It is funny that I have to mention it every time I do a blog, but hey, you never know. He has slowly been looking for a job for the past little while because he would like to work at Usana until after Usana's Convention that they have every year.

I am doing Monday's and Tuesday's at Jordan Valley. I am on call on Tuesday nights from 11 pm-6 am, and I'm also on call every 8 or 9 Saturdays, so that's nice. It's nice to work my two days, but yet I still wish I was home with Carson those days as well.

Carson is now 11 months old! It's crazy how time passes by so fast. He is getting ready to walk. He'll take steps on his own, but he loses a lot of confidence and hurries and sits down. He loves airplanes, snow cones (horrible mom), ceiling fans and being outside. He hates grass, swimming (well, in cold hose water) and scraping his knees on the cement, so we walks on his feet and hands on the cement. We love his little personality. He's definitely a persistent little boy and he's happy as well. He's always on the go. He keeps us moving.

I also wanted to add really quick a thanks to everyone who helped us move, Andrew, my dad, and Beau and Gina. I wanted to thank Randy and Peggy for letting us use the truck and Connie and her husband for letting us use their trailer!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Dumb fire trucks!j/k I am sure it is WAY loud where your apartment is. Dang it! Carson will get use to it soon...I hope!

The Oldroyd's said...

Hey, Ryan can totally help you with Running. He has had years of practice and he has done like 4 or 5 marathons and 2 triathlons. He is helping his sister out with running too. Maybe he should start his own running/biking blog. I don't know. But I will talk to him and we can get together and talk.

The Whitney's said...

You can borrow butter anytime from us not a problem. I love having you guys in the apartments and I hope you are there for a long time to keep my company! We need to go shopping at wood connection today. I'll come see you at your house when I get home.

Miranda Whitney said...

Welcome to the apartments, it will be fun to have you guys around :)

Sheri said...

We're happy to hear you're all moved in and have access to the internet again. It was fun to see you at the company party last weekend! Oh, and your template is so cute, I LOVE it!