Friday, July 25, 2008

Carson's First Time Fishing

Carson fishing! Wow, he's holding his own pole!

Carson enjoying his Oreo cookie

Mom catching a fish

Grandpa catching a fish

Around 3 o'clock today, Dave, Carson and I got an invite to go with my parents and Gina and Beau to East Canyon to go fishing. It was short notice, but we made the best of it by grabbing our poles and tackle box and headed on up. Of coarse Little Miss Dummy forgot we'd left the fishing licences at home when we were about to go on the freeway, so we had to hurry and turn around. We got up there and we had a fun time. Our poles were cast out into the water for about 45 minutes. I am proud to say that my dad and I each caught one! Gina and Beau got to take them home for dinner. Dave hates cleaning them and preparing them and I don't really know how to, so we let them keep them. At least they became a meal for someone. It was fun because my Uncle Norm, Aunt Linda and her daughter, son-in-law and kids came as well. We weren't planning on meeting them there. They just told us the lucky spot and they were there when we got there.

When I caught my fish, it wouldn't reel in because my line was wrapped around one of the eyelets on the fishing pole, so I grabbed my line and pulled it in myself. I want to thank Dave for being the one to grab it and try to get the hook out of it's stomach or throat. The fish had the hook in there good and we couldn't get it out. It's so sad when fish start gagging and fighting for air. It's so weird how excited you become when you catch one. You're sad to make it die, but you're so happy that you catch it. I guess we're never happy.

Carson had a blast. He got to hold on to the pole for a bit, with our help. He also got to eat some yummy Oreo cookies, so that made his day. We all had a very fun time!

1 comment:

Jim and Jana Bramble said...

you can't beat fishing with your son. Carson is a great kid.