Carson hugging his cousin Maile
Carson and Maile intrigued with the fireworks
Carson swinging with his cousins Noah and Baden
Carson with his cousin Maddie
The 24th of July is one of my favorite days of the year. I guess if I lived in another state, it wouldn't be. I remember when I was little, on the 24th of July, we would always go to my Uncle Norm's house because it was my cousin Alyssa's birthday. We would go swimming in their pool, eat lots of hamburgers and hot dogs until we made ourselves sick, and then count down the hours until it was time to light fireworks. Now that I've grown up, things are a lot different. It's funny how things aren't as fun as they were when you were a kid. I think the funnest thing now is watching all of my nieces and nephews "ooohhh and aaawww" over each firework. The food is still good too!
This year Aunt Pam, Uncle Bruce and Sam and Mandy with their 4 girls came to Utah to celebrate this wonderful state-wide holiday. They live in Liberty, Missouri. It was so fun to get to know them better. They are so nice. We also got the pleasure of hanging out with Leisa and Scott Allen and their kids. They live in Santaquin so we don't' get to see them very often. Before I met Dave, Leisa lived in my ward. Every time she would walk in with those adorable redheads and the blonde one, everyone would smile and lean over to each other how cute they all are. Then she moved. It was so weird because I never thought that I would see them ever again, but Leisa is Pam's daughter, which makes her Dave's cousin. So, it's nice to see all the cute redheads and now 2 blonde ones.
We had a fun BBQ at Doug and Angela's house and Carson even got to go swimming. This swimming experience was a little nicer since the water had been sitting out in the sun for a few hours. I didn't have my camera until after I Carson was done swimming, so I didn't get any pictures. I bet everyone is shocked about that! I am a picture taking freak! Carson got to swim, swing, Jump on the trampoline, eat yummy food and had a lot of fun with all of his cousins. He got pretty hungry when we all started gathering for fireworks, so the first few scared him. Hey, screamers still make my ears hurt. Then after his bottle, we came outside and he loved the fireworks. He loves his cousin Maile! He got to sit on the chair with her and enjoy some fireworks. He even gave her a few hugs. We had an awesome time with the family!



1 comment:
I totally love Carson's muscle shirt, what a stud!
Post a Comment