
The wonderful thing about being a parent, is that you want your kids to see and learn as much as possible, even if they are too young to take it all in. There is a Starling couple who have built their nest inside of Gina and Beau's grill on their deck in the backyard. I think it is so cool because all you have to do is open the lid and the momma bird flies out and there are 5 adorable little blue eggs sitting there. They have rebuilt that nest 5 or 6 times. Beau has gone out there to clean one day and the next, there's a whole new nest in there again. Before he got around to cleaning it again, there were eggs. All of us don't have the heart to destroy it again. I think it's cool that there is something growing inside of those eggs and it's not even attached to it's mom. How do they live and survive? It just baffles me.
Carson and I love going out and looking at the eggs. He seems so intrigued by it, so I guess it's always fun to explore nature at any age.

1 comment:
That is so neat. My in laws had bird eggs in their BBQ last year too. Kind of funny where they find their "home." cute Mom's day pictures.
Post a Comment