Friday, May 23, 2008

Getting Braver

Carson is everywhere! He used to stay in one room, play on certain piece of furniture and now he's going all over the place. I now understand the phrase, "Don't hope they grow up too fast". Even though we are tired of all the running around, we can't be upset at Carson for being braver than he used to be. On Thursday, Dave and I sat across from eachother about 4 feet apart on the floor, walking Carson back and forth to see if he would walk a little. After a few tries, Dave and I got Carson to let go and take 3 steps on his own! We were so excited. Yet, when he realized that no one was holding onto him anymore, he immediately sat down. We tried to get him to do it again, but he would lean backwards. Well today I had him going really fast while he was holding onto my pointer fingers on both hands and I slipped my fingers out and he kept going!!! He took at least 7 or 8 steps, stood there for a minute trying to balance as if he was on a surf board and fell down on his bum. It's so funny when he realizes that no one is holding him anymore because he starts to fuss a little and then falls down on his butt. You can never get him to do it again after you attempted to let go, or he'll just sit down. He's a smart little boy. I guess we'll just have to do little by little. On Thrusday night after Carson took those 3 stesp Dave said, "I am going to count that as his initial first steps". He was so excited. He is taking steps, but he's not walking on his own yet for sure. We are so proud! Way to go Carson!

4 comments:

Park Family said...

good job Carson!!

Miranda Whitney said...

Yeah go Carson!!!

The Oldroyd's said...

It is so true. It is exciting and fun but then you realize that your house may not be as kid proof as you thought. It is so exciting though.

Lytton Living said...

Hi there Dave and Christine ~ it's Tristine from Dave's old neighborhood. I found you on here, and wanted to say "HI". Carson is an adorable blue eyed baby!! How are you guys?