Thursday, January 3, 2008

When The Lord Closes A Door...

I wanted to write a blog about the family. There have been a couple of changes, but none too drastic. I am starting my new job on January 8, which is this coming Tuesday at Utah Surgical Center. I am really excited, nervous and sad. I am excited to start a new job and meet new people. I am nervous to learn everything all over again when I just left something that I was very comfortable with...and meeting new people. It is nerve racking to learn all new doctors and remember everything they want for surgeries. I am sad because I am going to miss all the other people I worked with at the hospital and Dr. Slawson, who was my favorite surgeon to work with. I promised him I would come back to Jordan Valley, but going to this surgery center works better for me as a mom. I am really sad to leave Carson. I know that he will be with people we love and he is going to be well looked after. I wrote a 2 page schedule and instruction "manual" for my mom and sister. My mom probably would've done the same if she had to go back to work and I can see Gina doing it when she becomes a mommy. I am trying to keep him on a schedule so on my days off he isn't all confused. Kirstin and Angela may have an opportunity to take part in that "manual". :)

My job is going to be great! Not only does it pay better than Jordan Valley, I get more breaks, they have profit sharing (bonuses) every 3 months, and free lunches everyday! You can't go wrong with that! It's weird because I have to sign up for a couple of days a month where I have to worry about lunch, I buy it or make and then they reimburse me. I get a Christmas Savings Plan or Vacation Savings plan that pays me 5% interest. They take what I want out of each paycheck. I signed up for the Christmas savings plan and they give me the check the 31st of October. If I dip into it before then, they won't pay me the 5% interest. I will get all of my money back anyway, so it's nice to have that money I won't see in my checking account. I won't be tempted to spend it either. Last but not least, there is no call!! No 2 a.m. surgeries. They are all so nice. I went in to get my paperwork done and they all were so friendly and eager to meet me.

Dave didn't get his job in the marketing department at Usana. He feels okay about it considering he has some other opportunities in the legal department. I hope he doesn't mind me telling everyone. We know that when the Lord closes a door, he opens a window. Things happen for a reason and when he graduates in May, we will see other windows, maybe even doors of opportunity open for him. He has to take 2 Spanish classes and his Advanced Mangament class and he will get his Bachelor Degree in May from the U. We are really looking forward to that moment. With school and work, Dave is really good at helping me with Carson. He is a good dad. He can make Carson laugh a lot more than I can. He's very helpful and Carson loves his daddy! We are proud of him for trying for that job.

As for Carson, he is still growing. We are trying to get him to fall asleep on his own instead of rocking him to sleep. It's hard, but we are still picking him up if he wakes up to calm him down. I would be scared too if I was a baby and woke up and it was all dark. Sharing a room with him is hard, but it's only temporary. I will be more grateful for a 2 bedroom apartment or a house when we get one. Carson can sit up on his own pretty well, with a few wobbles. He is eating rice and oatmeal cereal and occasionally some sweet potatoes, squash and today my parents fed him a little bit of banana. I am now regretting taking back my diaper genie. Just kidding. We have a little trash on our patio that works just fine.

I know that if we have the faith and pray to Heavenly Father for things we need and want in life, He will make it possible. Life is good. Change is hard, but life is good.

1 comment:

Park Family said...

You have an awesome attitude. Good Luck with the new job next week.

-Kirstin