Dave and I have had a hard week...whatever! Carson is the one who has had a hard week. Monday he started to get a really wet cough, so I was concerned. I called Dave at work and told him I was going to take Carson to the doctor because I have never heard that cough come from him before. He has been sick with a cold and runny noses before, but this was totally different. The doctor told us it may be RSV and that he may get worse. It definitely got worse. Wednesday night he started to get his fever. It was really high. He started to cry. It took me about 45 minutes to get him calmed down. Every time we would move him the crying would start all over again. That night he would not even let us put him down. We both took turns holding him and getting him when he cried. One of use would finally get him to sleep and we would lay him down in his crib. Seven minutes later, he was crying again. I even held him in my arms and lied down in bed for a while to see if he would sleep. It worked for about 30 minutes, but that was it. I feel bad because we should've changed his pajamas because he was wearing fleece. We should've put him in something to cool him down. I kept thinking how you get the chills and kind of cold when you have a fever, so I was concerned about that. Dave and I both stayed home from work. I felt bad considering it was my fourth day, but I am sure they understood. That morning around 8 I told Dave I was extremely tired and needed to lie down for a while. He woke me up at 8:30 and said "is it bad that his temperature is at 103?" That's when I called the doctor and then Kirstin. She told me about the life saver....Motrin. The doctor told us how much we could take. He also gave us an antibiotic in case he had either a sinus infection or something else. It's the pink bubble gum antibiotic that I used to take when I was a kid. I still think it tastes yummy to this day. He is doing better. He still has his nasty cough and runny nose, but the fever is under control. We are blessed to have so many people help us during this time.It was a tough little bend in the road this week. Dave and I are exhausted, but we have a baby that is almost back to normal...well he still isn't eating very well and he's still got his RSV, but he is smiling again, which is normal. It's amazing to think how my parents did the same for me. You don't realize how much they do for you until you actually becoome a parent. Dave and I love Carson so much and we are so happy to be his parents.

1 comment:
WOW!! I am so sorry you guys all had to go through that. It's so hard when your little baby is so sick. Hopefully you can catch up on some sleep!
Post a Comment