Poor Carson. On the 3rd of November, he started to get his first cold. He slept a lot that day and Dave and I had no idea why. That night he woke us up every hour crying. We couldn't really figure it out until we could hear him snorting. Dave grabbed his rocker/vibrating chair and put him in it. He slept really well for a couple of hours. I stayed home with him that Sunday morning while Dave went to church and taught our primary class. Then, my sore throat came. Carson and I both spent Monday and Tuesday in bed. We bought a humidifier, which I think has helped incredibly well. I think it has helped both Dave and me. I felt really discouraged trying to keep up the apartment and take care of Carson with little sleep with me being sick. I worry too much over this kid, but the next one I'll know what to do and feel a lot better. He slept a lot, which was nice, but I needed some help. Dave being the awesome husband that he is stayed home on Wednesday and helped clean things up and take care of Carson while I relaxed. He even took me out just so I could get out of the apartment that I hadn't left in 3 days. Now Dave is a little under the weather, but he's doing good! He didn't get it as bad as we did. I feel horrible because we've been trying to put Carson on a bottle and I didn't know that when babies are sick you shouldn't try to change old habits. It came to mind after lots of praying, but then I asked Kirstin and she helped confirm it. I knew he just wanted his mommy and daddy, and wanted nothing to change for the time being. So, we are waiting to push the issue when he is feeling better next week. I thought about how I tried putting him on a bottle a month ago, a few days after his vomiting experience with formula, and he didn't take it. Everyone who reads this, please pray for us. I go back to work on the 27th of November and I don't want my baby to starve! In my blogs I always feel that I have to tell about the picture I put on it. I have to explain this one because he is smiling. He doesn't look sick or isn't acting sick, but he is. He has had a smile on his face the whole time. This is one of many pictures I have of him this week and he is smiling in almost every one. This one was our favorite. He is such a fun boy, even with a cold! We've been giving him lots of hugs, love and kisses. We are grateful to have his rocker, swaddle blanket, and humidifier to help him while mom and dad catch some shut eye!
Friday, November 9, 2007
Carson's First Cold
Poor Carson. On the 3rd of November, he started to get his first cold. He slept a lot that day and Dave and I had no idea why. That night he woke us up every hour crying. We couldn't really figure it out until we could hear him snorting. Dave grabbed his rocker/vibrating chair and put him in it. He slept really well for a couple of hours. I stayed home with him that Sunday morning while Dave went to church and taught our primary class. Then, my sore throat came. Carson and I both spent Monday and Tuesday in bed. We bought a humidifier, which I think has helped incredibly well. I think it has helped both Dave and me. I felt really discouraged trying to keep up the apartment and take care of Carson with little sleep with me being sick. I worry too much over this kid, but the next one I'll know what to do and feel a lot better. He slept a lot, which was nice, but I needed some help. Dave being the awesome husband that he is stayed home on Wednesday and helped clean things up and take care of Carson while I relaxed. He even took me out just so I could get out of the apartment that I hadn't left in 3 days. Now Dave is a little under the weather, but he's doing good! He didn't get it as bad as we did. I feel horrible because we've been trying to put Carson on a bottle and I didn't know that when babies are sick you shouldn't try to change old habits. It came to mind after lots of praying, but then I asked Kirstin and she helped confirm it. I knew he just wanted his mommy and daddy, and wanted nothing to change for the time being. So, we are waiting to push the issue when he is feeling better next week. I thought about how I tried putting him on a bottle a month ago, a few days after his vomiting experience with formula, and he didn't take it. Everyone who reads this, please pray for us. I go back to work on the 27th of November and I don't want my baby to starve! In my blogs I always feel that I have to tell about the picture I put on it. I have to explain this one because he is smiling. He doesn't look sick or isn't acting sick, but he is. He has had a smile on his face the whole time. This is one of many pictures I have of him this week and he is smiling in almost every one. This one was our favorite. He is such a fun boy, even with a cold! We've been giving him lots of hugs, love and kisses. We are grateful to have his rocker, swaddle blanket, and humidifier to help him while mom and dad catch some shut eye!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This is the first of many colds and many trials. You guys are doing great....keep up the good work.
-Kirstin
Post a Comment