Saturday, November 24, 2007

What's New With The Parks

What can I say, there's not a whole lot going on with our little family, but I just thought I would write about something other than Carson. As Thanksgiving break is coming to an end, we are slowly getting out our Christmas decorations. It's been nice to have Dave home these past few days. It gets pretty lonely for me sometimes. It's really weird that it's already Christmas time again. December 4, 2006 was the day we found out we were having Carson. I can't believe that was almost a year ago. Carson will be 4 and a half months when Christmas arrives. Time is flying by so fast. Anyway, putting up the tree is something both Dave and I dread. We wish we had a pre-lit tree. It would save a lot of frustration and foul language, but when it's up, it's a lot of fun to decorate and have during the holiday season. I like the lights. We already have our village, snowman nativity, snowman tea light holders, and ceramic snowmen up. Plus a few wall hangers. I guess you could say I like snowman decorations. We still need to get stockings and lights up, but we'll do that when we do the tree. Enough of decorations. Dave and I are almost done Christmas shopping for each other. We have a couple more things for Carson and stocking stuffers, then we'll be done with our little family. We still need to do our families then we will be completely finished. I hope we can finish soon. Dave is almost done with the semester! We are both really excited because he graduates in May! I am so proud of him and his hard work. It will be a relief to the both of us that he is done with school. He has a second interview with the Marketing department at USANA on the 29th of this month. I wish him luck! We hope he gets the job! If not, he still has his job and at least he tried! I was supposed to go back to work on the 27th of this month, but Carson is still not on a bottle. My boss Lali, bless her heart, is giving me a 2 month extension onto my maternity leave in case Carson decides never to get on a bottle. I am grateful I don't have that time limit hanging over my head, but financially I need to go back. I would also like some freedom as well. Carson eats every 3 hours, starting from the time that he eats, so basically it's every 2 and a half hours for me...yuck. I wish I would extend the time, but it's hard when he's so hungry. I can't believe he is 3 months and 13 days old and he weighs 16 pounds! He's a big boy...thick is more like it. He has a blocked tear duct that got a little bit of bacteria in it, but he has eye drops that seem to be working. Our lease ends in February, so we have no idea what we want to do or where we would move if we didn't want to sign here again. I really don't want to move yet, but we have to when Carson turns one! It would also be nice not to share a room with Carson anymore. It's hard because we disturb him so easily and he does the same. We have been looking at this book Peggy and Randy found us with some hud homes in it and thought we'd try to look at a few. I highly doubt we want to buy a house right now, considering I am not working. It would be nice to look though. What else can I say? We are keeping busy with Carson and both Dave and I yawn like crazy. Dave is actually asleep on my shoulder right now. I think that I should be doing the same!

No comments: