Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thanksgiving

I am doing this blog a little early because I am sure next week will be a little hectic. I just wanted to say what I am grateful for. I have been having a hard time at night falling asleep, so this month I have been thinking about things I am grateful for to help me fall asleep. So, I thought would share some of those things. I am so grateful, first of all, for my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I am grateful for His atoning sacrifice for me and my family. I am grateful for the prayers that have been answered lately in my life. The night before I had Carson I got on my knees and prayed so hard saying I was discouraged...okay...ready for this baby to come. I told Heavenly Father I was stubborn and to give me a big sign that I was actually in labor because I had gone in twice for false labor. Once was after a 22 hour shift I had at work. Well, sure enough at 3 in the morning, my water broke. Then when Carson was born, every test they performed, I silently prayed to myself that everything would be okay. Everything has been okay and I am grateful for it. I am grateful for my two boys! Dave is so sweet and always asks me if there is anything he can do for me or get me. He's always thinking of others. I am grateful for Carson. I am grateful he is not on a bottle so I don't have to go back to work as soon. Just kidding Dave. I want him to get on a bottle as much as you do. I am grateful for his little personality. He is so happy. No matter what. That is an example to me because it makes me want to be like him. He always puts a smile on my face and occasionally a tear in my eye with how much love I feel for him. I am grateful for my family. Every member!! I know I have been a little agitated with little things that bother me with Carson, but I do love you guys. Be patient. He is my first and I'll start to relax soon, I hope. I am grateful for Dave's family, especially for my mother and sister-in-laws who are all so helpful when it I have a question about Carson. You all have been so patient with me as well. I am grateful for my friends. They are all so sweet and come to visit me often...thanks to Carson. I am grateful for Dave's job and the people he works with. He loves supporting our little family thanks to the wonderful company and people he works for. They have been so nice to me too! I am grateful for food, a roof over my head, and warmth. Anyway, I think that is enough, especially if someone is reading this. I just thought that writing the things I am grateful for would help me to feel the spirit of thanksgiving a little more.

No comments: