Saturday, November 10, 2007

Bottle Training Update


Well, I guess we have learned a very important lesson in parenting. Never try to teach a baby how to bottle feed when he is sick! It has been really hard, but we have gotten a lot of answers from our friends, family and medical professionals about how to do it. So, when we try to bottle feed him when he gets better, we'll know quite a few tricks. I have tried many formulas and now I have bought an assortment of bottles as well. I hope something works! I really feel that Carson being sick is a huge factor. I feel bad for trying to push a bottle on him when all he wants is his mommy right now. I also feel bad I didn't keep giving him a bottle along the way. I just felt so bad about the formula making him sick that I didn't dare try it again for a while. I did try it a few days after and he wouldn't take it, but he was extremely hungry, so we'll see. I called the Lactation Specialist and she said she has heard of more success stories with Playtex Natural Shape and Soothie bottles, so I bought the Playtex one and soon will buy the Soothie one if the Playtex doesn't work. I have been given some excellent advice, so I am thankful for all of you that have helped. We are anxious to find out what works.

No comments: