
I decided to do an update on how Carson's "bottle training" is going. I made a mistake today and pumped everything I had. When I went to feed him with the bottle, he wouldn't take it. It's strange because he used to take a bottle all of the time when I would pump. I think that going a month and a half without pumping or using a bottle, he must be used to nursing. I thought for sure he would just take my milk today, but he didn't. I think it may be the bottle. I have tried regular Enflamil and Enflamil Soy that Kirstin gave me. Oh, Kirstin, tell Jackson I was careful not to spill any on the counter. He is so cute! Anyway, I have also tried Parent's Choice Lactose-Free since he gets sick when I eat or drink dairy products. I have also tried Similac. I don't know if it's possible to try anything else. I read online about a bottle called First Years. It has helped babies learn how to breastfeed. I think I will try that one. I hope he gets on a bottle soon. I go back to work November 27...sadly. I would continue to nurse if I was staying home. This definitely has been a challenge.

1 comment:
Good luck, it sounds like he just doesn't want the bottle because he has had the real deal. It will take lots of patience but I am sure you'll figure a way to get him to take one. Good luck!
-Kirstin
Post a Comment