This has been very challenging for the Park family! On Sunday, the 11th we gave Carson a bottle. It was a Playtex Natural Shape bottle with Parent's Choice formula. It was the Lactose-Free kind. He broke out in this horrible rash around his mouth. It spread up to his ears and down his neck. Of coarse I called my sister-in-law Kirstin first because I wanted to ask an experienced mom and I knew she would give me an honest answer. She told me to call the pediatrician on call, so I did. She said to stop using the formula. Luckily the rash went away about an hour later. She asked if there were spots inside his mouth and there wasn't any. We tried it again on Monday night. We gave him Similac and the Playtex Natural Shape bottle. He broke out again. So, I went to Wal-Mart and got the Soothie brand bottle. I called Carson's pediatrician and he said to try Soy. So, we tried the Soy that Kirstin gave us again, but we didn't use the Playtex bottle. He didn't break out, but he still wouldn't take it. I think that is our best bet when it comes to Carson getting a rash. I need to start pumping and using my milk to help him get on a bottle instead of trying formula. I am so blessed that my boss at work is letting me extend my maternity leave until this bottle conquest is well underhand. I am extending another two months in case he never takes one. I hope I don't need longer than that. I haven't signed any papers, so I might consider 3 months. But, if he gets onto a bottle, I will call my boss and I will start the following week. Oh, and Carson has had really bad green eye goop coming from his left eye. It just started to get really bad the past two days so I have to take him to the doctor a.s.a.p. Poor thing...it's one thing after another, but he's all smiles!
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
He may have pink eye...oh I hope not. Sounds like you are making a little bit of progress with the whole bottle thing, good luck with your little stinker.
-Kirstin
Post a Comment