Saturday, November 8, 2008

Tubes

This is what my mayo stand would sort of look like if I set it up at work

This is a fun picture I found showing everyone the tube being place into the eardrum

Hey Everyone! I just wanted to tell you guys that Carson is getting tubes in his ears on Wednesday November 19. We took him to see the the ENT doctor yesterday and he looked in his ears and saw fluid. The fluid keeps getting infected and he told us that it would be a long and hard winter for Carson. I am really happy about it and so is Dave. I have scrubbed in on these surgeries so it is so nice to know step by step on how everything works. I called Dave up yesterday after we had taken him in and Dave went to vote and I was teary eyed. I don't think that we would be human if we weren't nervous.

This will be a good thing. He goes in at 7:30 am and we'll be about to see him about 8-8:30, so he won't be away from us long. I also get to go back and hold his hand while they put him under anesthesia, so I am happy to do that as well. I may see if Dave wants to come back. I can steal him a pair of scrubs. :) Please keep Carson in your prayers!




8 comments:

Jamie said...

Hopefully this will help Carson..poor kid!

Please don't worry, I was joking with him just as much as he was:)
He is fun to tease!

Jamie said...

BTW, did you get my email??

The Oldroyd's said...

Sorry to hear that but it will be good in the end. I hope it helps him feel better. Good luck.

I still have Carson's present. We need to get together sometime.

The Whitney's said...

Poor kid! I'm so so so sorry! Please let me know if I can do any thing for you!

Unknown said...

He'll do great and hopefully this means you'll be having a fun instead of miserable winter. We'll be thinking of you guys.

Jen said...

It will be nice to have it done though and the poor little guy won't keep getting ear infections,etc. At least it's a pretty simple surgery- although it doesn't help comfort a mom huh! We'll keep him (and you guys!) in our prayers!

Jim and Jana Bramble said...

Jana actually had those as an adult. They are almost always for kids but sometimes for adults. They really helped. Good luck.

Liz said...

Good luck, I'm sure everything will turn out great. Mike had them as a kid and adult and they really helped.