Thursday, November 20, 2008

Surgery Update

Carson's elephant that mom and dad bought him after his surgery

Here is Carson in the other closet making a mess...if that's possible. I think they put in tubes that made him more energetic!

Here is Carson back to normal after his 3 hour nap...hiding in his closet

This is Carson before going back into surgery. His nurse, Irene made him a balloon out of a glove and drew a face on it.

Hey everyone! I just wanted to let you all know that Carson is doing awesome. I went back with him into the operating room to hold him while he squirmed to sleep. After he was asleep the surgery took 15-20 minutes and he was back with us within 30 minutes. He was crying really hard and it took about an hour to get him to calm down. He just didn't understand why he felt the way he did and he was disoriented. After we left the hospital and got into our familiar car and got home, he was everywhere! He was so happy to be home. He took a nap for 3 hours and then we was back to being his old self again...but happier. He's not holding his head while he coughs or swallows anymore. He seems to have more energy even! We are really happy with our decision to put tubes in his ears. I just want to thank everyone who has asked about him, called, stopped by or emailed to us to check on him. We love you all! Thanks for being such awesome friends and family.

5 comments:

Tiffany Anderson said...

I am so happy that everything went well and he is feeling better!

The Oldroyd's said...

Oh good, I was thinking about him this week. I am so glad he is doing better. We still have his gift. I will have to stop by to give it to him.

Jamie said...

Happy day for Carson! He is so cute! Love your new ride, Ayden loves the color!

Jen said...

We've been wondering how it all went so I'm glad to hear everything went well!

Sheri said...

Brandon said his surgery went great! I'm so glad to hear he's doing so much better now. It's so hard to see our little ones sick.