Sunday, March 23, 2008

Carson's First Easter


Easter was very fun and exciting for Dave and me because it was Carson’s first Easter. We got him a basket with some food and a binki clip so he could keep his binki with him and not drop it all of the time. As some of you know, Carson has not taken a binki yet. If you hold his hands down away from his face, he’ll suck on it, but when you let go he brings his hands back up and takes that binki out of his mouth and turns it all around and chomps on it. He is so funny. I think he got that from me. I hate sucking on things like hard candy. I always bite into it. I like chewing on things and keeping me mouth and hands busy.

Well, back to Carson’s Easter. We say the Tickle Me Elmo Extreme and it was on clearance. We wanted to get it for him for Christmas, but they are 50 percent off now, so I am glad we waited. I think this toy is actually for Carson’s Dad, even though I get a kick out of it too. Carson just sits and stares at it.

My sister and brother in law got him this adorable Easter outfit for church. They knew I was sad because I meant to get him a suit at Sam’s Club, but they sold out. So she bought him this adorable sweater instead. Carson looks so good in light colors. It totally brings out his coloring in his face. Blondes look good in pastels. My parents got him some cute polos. One is orange and the other is green. They also to him a shirt that says "Hanging With My Peeps" and it has baby chickens on it. Cute cute! They also got him Lightning McQueen pajamas, which Carson is in desperate need of.

We also got Carson a walker. He is to that point where he refuses to crawl, but is still trying, yet he pulls himself up on things and stands there for long periods of time. He loves to walk! He gets a kick out of it, so we bought him the walker. I can’t wait until he figures it out.

It was a very fun Easter, even though Carson and I were a little bit under the weather, but it was nice. We ate with Nana, Papa, Aunt Noel and Uncle Andrew. It was a fun time for us as parents.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like the Easter bunny treated Carson to lots of fun treats. He must have been a very good boy.

Tiffany Anderson said...

We had the same walker for our kids and it helped them learn how to walk so much. They absolutely loved it. I hope Carson enjoys it.