Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Lessons On How To Grovel

Well, I wanted to give everyone a crash coarse on grovelling because I am an expcrt at doing so. I went back to Jordan Valley and asked for my job back. They hadn't filled my position yet, so they reinstated me.

I have been praying lately about how lost I feel right now in my life. I don't want to work, but I know I have to for a while. I started talking to Dr. Irvine who knows my favorite surgeon, Dr. Slawson, and he was asking me questions about him and it made me miss him the hospital. I left work that day missing all of my friends and the doctors I worked with a lot and I felt like I didn't know where to go. I decided that I should pray for help and guidance in whether or not I should go back to the hospital because so far the surgery center had been pretty good. Everyone there is okay, but I thought not accepting people ended when you left high school.

Anyway, Tuesday confirmed my answer. I worked with this surgeon who laughed at me, insulted me and made sure I felt like the worst Surgical Technician in the world. I have never had ANYONE treat me the way he did. I left work in hysterics. I was crying so hard. So, I'm going to quit. I am not putting up with that. I am a very shy, timid person and I let people walk all over me. Not this time. I am so nervous because now I have to go in and turn in my two weeks. My new boss is going to be shocked and she is one of those ladies (I have come to find) that won't take no for an answer. She is going to try to get me to stay. I told Dave that if I had to work, I had to work somewhere that made me happy. My old ways will.

Besides the call I have to take at the hospital and a 2 dollar pay cut, I think I will be very happy with my decision. They have a lot of people taking call, so I don't see myself having to take very much. More money at a job doesn't mean anything if you are not happy. I feel like the weakest person ever. I need to find what makes me happy in life and stick with it.

And that is your crash coarse on Grovelling 101

2 comments:

Tiffany Anderson said...

Way to go Chris!! That's so brave of you! Good job:)

Park Family said...

you are right no one should have to put up with that and it is sad that that doctor felt he could treat anyone that way. Good luck with your new, old job and remember if you are on call and you ever need a sitter we have a noisy house full of boys and would love to have Carson come visit.