Monday, March 16, 2009

Too Excited

I hope Dave doesn't mind that I write this blog, but I am too excited to wait. We really haven't told a lot of people, but I am sure a lot of you know through the grapevine that Dave and I put an offer on a home in West Jordan. We are really excited. We can't believe after four and a half years of marriage we are finally taking this big step. It will take a lot of sacrifice on both mine and Dave's end so that we can have a home for our family. Here is the link to it.  http://www.utahrealestate.com/866623

It's a funny story. We were going to wait a little longer to save up some money and our realtors called us and said they had 3 houses for us to look at and when they took us to this one,  I looked at the address as we were driving to it and I said, "Dunlop Drive? How do I know Dunlop Drive? I KNOW!" The house next door to "maybe ours" is the Wadsworth family, which I know very well. I went to junior high school and high school with their daughter Erin, who I remain close friends with to this day.  We loved 2 homes they showed us out of the 3, but we loved this one for lots of reasons. We put the offer down and the sellers have signed our contract and accepted our offer, so technically we are under contract with them until the bank signs it. Then it's ours! We are excited to move forward with this, but it has been an overwhelming experience for all of us.

13 comments:

Jim and Jana Bramble said...

very nice.

Tiffany Anderson said...

Congratulations!! That's awesome. I can't wait to see it.

The Oldroyd's said...

OH That is awesome. I really like it. I love the flooring and the deck. I really want a nice deck to go and sit on. We are so excited for you. CAn't wait to see it.

Park Family said...

Congrats so cute!!!

Nate said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you. Having your own place that is all yours is wonderful. It's a big and a bit scary step, but it is so worth it. The house looks cute too. One tip, you might want to start stretching and massaging your fingers and hands now, because when you close, there is a mountain of paper work to sign! lol! Love you guys, can't wait to see the rest of the house!

Erin and Matt said...

Yes!! My fam will be so happy to have you there - we absolutely love you guys! I'm so happy for you!!

The Whitney's said...

I am excited for you guys, but I will miss you guys so much! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Jamie said...

YAY!! Congrats, this is so great! Looks like a great house, can't wait to see it:)

Jen said...

Awesome! Have they accepted your offer and everything already? When do you close, etc etc?? That is very exciting! I'm happy for you! You guys may end up being in your hosue before we get into ours!

Liz said...

Congratulations! That is very exciting. Let us know if you need help moving. I really like the deck outside. Great for throwing a bbq party. (hint hint)

Sheri said...

Hey! Thanks for you comment! I've been meaning to comment on yours too, but I'm getting bad about venturing away from my google reader and actually visiting everyone's blog to leave comments.
Brandon and I would LOVE to double date some time. That would be a lot of fun! And I'm always open for playdates. Your little guy and mine aren't too far apart in age. Good luck with your house! It's sounds great! How exciting!

April said...

Cute house....congratulations!! Let us know if you need help moving.

Jim and Jana Bramble said...

I heard they accepted your offer. Congrats. I am excited to help move so keep me informed.