Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

I just wanted to tell everyone how awesome my husband and my little boy are! I had the best Valentine's Day. We had fun decorating cookies for a lot of Carson's little friends. I actually made a little cookie especially designed for Carson. Dave and I each got Carson something. Dave got him a Mickey Mouse chair and I got him "Be My Valentine Charlie Brown". Then I dragged Dave (literally) to Confessions of a Shopaholic. I liked it a lot. Dave on the other hand, didn't really, but that's okay. Since when do guys like chick flicks? Then after Dave and I got back to my parent's house to pick Carson up, Dave told me to wait a while at my mom and dad's since we drove separate cars so he could get something ready. When I got home, there was a candlelight lasagna dinner with breadsticks and a yummy Ceaser salad with sparkling cider. Dave got me a Soduko book (I am a nerd, but I love it) and an itunes giftcard. I've been updating my ipod with lots of music that I can run to when the weather gets better. Carson got me a water bottle so when I actually excercise, I'll have one. I got Dave the Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives book with recipes and restuarants that you can visit when you go out of town. He loves that show on the Food Network. Here are some pictures.

Here is the Mickey Mouse Cookie I decorated for Carson. It's not the best, but Dave and I had fun doing it! Carson recognizes who it is and that is all that matters! Dave's mom, Peggy brought us home a Mickey cookie cutter when she went to Disney World.
Here is all of Carson's little gifts. Spoiled kid! Dave didn't know that I had gotten him the book and I didn't know that Dave got him the chair, so yeah. Nana and Papa bought him a plate, bowl and cup for Valentine's! Thanks you guys! We need stuff like that for Carson. My parents got him a cute card, but I left it at their house. :(
Here is the two boys drinking their drinks after filling up on yummy lasagna. It was so nice not to have to worry about dinner, but if you ask Dave, he thinks I never worry about dinner since I never have it ready by the time he gets home from work.

3 comments:

Lytton Living said...

Ahh...we had a romantic dinner for 3 too! It looks like you guys had a wonderful lovers day! P.S. love the pepto bottle in the middle of the table, so funny! =)

Jamie said...

Thanks so much for the cookies...they were yummy, even though I only got to have a taste:)

That's great U guys had a wonderful Valentine's day!!!

Jim and Jana Bramble said...

those cookies were incredible. you are a great cook.