
Okay, since Dave and I have gotten Directv, I have to admit everyone in this household probably watches television more than they should. Carson and I get really bored and couped up after a long day inside our little apartment, so we watch a couple of shows throughout the day to help me out and to do something other than roam and play with toys. Well, some of them he only watches for about 3 minutes then it's over. We will usually watch the Disney Channel or some shows on Nick Jr. We had him watching shows like Little Einstein, My Friends Tigger and Pooh, The Backyardigans, The Imagination Movers etc. Those shows would keep him entertained for a few minutes, but then he'd go run to the kitchen and point up the the cupboard and tells me he wants a "nan" (translation: snack). Then we discovered the ole' so wonderful The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He LOVES that show! He freaks out at the beginning and when Mickey says, "Do you want to go to my clubhouse?" he says something that sounds like "yeah". Then when Mickey says, "well alright, let's go!" Carson says, "GO!" I usually say things with him, but this morning he got 2 inches away from my face and repeated go because I didn't say it. So, I said go like my boss told me to.
He waves at all the characters at the beginning during the "roll call". When Pluto appears he says, "doooog". Whenever Mickey asks a question, he knows. It's crazy! He answers all "No's" but we are working on the yes part. Then at the end he stands up and does the Hot Dog dance and he'll wave to all of them as they are saying bye and he yells, "bye" 3 times while he keeps waving.
As cute as it all sounds, I think he's a little too young to be obsessed with a show so much that it messes with bedtime. When he goes to bed, I usually tell him that Mom and Dad will see him in the morning and that he needs to sleep to get his rest so we can all have fun playing the next day. Now the speach is, "don't worry, you'll see Mickey in the morning. You have to go to sleep so you can have fun watching Mickey tomorrow, so get some rest and go to sleep." Who cares about mom and dad anymore!
I am surprised at how smart kids are at this age and I love listening to him try to say words. He is definitely a llittle mimicker. He can't say his "r's" or his "k or c" sounds. Cars are "da's". He is our little Mickey Mouse Monster for sure!
He waves at all the characters at the beginning during the "roll call". When Pluto appears he says, "doooog". Whenever Mickey asks a question, he knows. It's crazy! He answers all "No's" but we are working on the yes part. Then at the end he stands up and does the Hot Dog dance and he'll wave to all of them as they are saying bye and he yells, "bye" 3 times while he keeps waving.
As cute as it all sounds, I think he's a little too young to be obsessed with a show so much that it messes with bedtime. When he goes to bed, I usually tell him that Mom and Dad will see him in the morning and that he needs to sleep to get his rest so we can all have fun playing the next day. Now the speach is, "don't worry, you'll see Mickey in the morning. You have to go to sleep so you can have fun watching Mickey tomorrow, so get some rest and go to sleep." Who cares about mom and dad anymore!
I am surprised at how smart kids are at this age and I love listening to him try to say words. He is definitely a llittle mimicker. He can't say his "r's" or his "k or c" sounds. Cars are "da's". He is our little Mickey Mouse Monster for sure!

7 comments:
We love Mickey Mouse clubhouse at here too. We're actually going to playhouse disney live in a few weeks. Should be TONS of fun:).
Same at our house! Your family pic is darling!
Brinley is a nut about Micky Mouse Clubhouse! And it's about the only one I can handle too!
That is so cute, he is growing up so quickly. What a cute kid!!!
I love that! I want to come watch him play with Mickey! My Sister wants to go to the playhouse disney live thing because he kids are crazy about it too. You should think about taking Carson.
It least you still feel bad about him wanting to watch tv...man what I would give if the twins would watch tv. I know I am totally a bad mom...but it least I am being honest.
i like your new picture.
Post a Comment